Easy product returns
You can return the product without providing a reason within 14 days.
The innovative Malleo TriStep® multifunction ankle orthosis facilitates systematic rehabilitation of the capsule-ligament system of the ankle with a three-phase fitting concept. In conjunction with increasing patient mobility, the stabilising function of the Malleo TriStep® can be systematically adapted in each therapy phase. Phase adaptation of the Malleo TriStep® supports the patient as he or she regains muscle coordination, and provides adequate support for the ligamentous apparatus of the ankle in each therapy phase.
Phase I – Immobilisation and Stabilisation (day 1-3). In the first 3 days after the acute injury (inflammation phase), the Malleo TriStep immobilises the foot completely so that the inflammation and swelling go down. The orthosis is worn with all components. During this phase the foot shell must be worn day and night.
Malleo TriStep® – Phase II – stabilisation (day 4-28)
Phase II – Stabilisation (day 4-28). During the new tissue formation phase, the focus is on increasing mobility under controlled strain. Now the foot shell is removed during the day but should still be applied at night as a brace, otherwise the structures which have healed during the day can be destroyed again overnight. At the beginning of this healing phase the Malleo TriStep is reinforced with the red stabilising elements. As things progress, the red elements are replaced with the more flexible grey ones in order to further increase freedom of movement.
Phase III – Sensorimotor Support. Phase III – Sensorimotor Support (day 28-42). The last therapy stage (tissue maturing phase) during which only the bandage is used is reached through the step-by-step removal of the stabilising elements. Additional stabilising and functional elements can be used as an option.The Malleo TriStep is very comfortable to wear and, thanks to the practical hook-and-loop closures, also easy to use.
- Acute and chronic capsule-ligament instability, ligament insufficiency and injuries to the upper and lower ankle joint as well as serious distortions and exterior ligament ruptures.
- Peronaeal tendon disorders and injuries.
- Inflammatory and degenerative joint disorders of the upper and lower ankle joint with recurrent irritation, or chronic reactive effusion.
- Post-operative use for phase-adapted protection and rehabilitation after ligament reconstruction
Features & Benefits:
- The auto-adaptive synthetic lining adjusts to individual patient anatomy, thereby increasing the level of wearer comfort.• Special slits in the lateral stabilising elements in the area of the malleoli prevent unhealthful pressure.
- The functional and stabilising elements can be added or removed in a few easy steps without the use of tools.
- The length of all hook-and-loop closures is adjustable, offering custom attachment and adjustment possibilities.
- Thanks to adjustable hook-and-loop closures, the orthosis can be opened fully. This makes it easy and comfortable to put on.
- Optional functional and stabilising elements facilitate custom adaptation and adjustment to patient requirements in any therapy phase
|Size||Euro shoes size|
|S||36 - 39|
|M||40 - 44|
|L||45 - 48|