Easy product returns
You can return the product without providing a reason within 14 days.
- Fits the patient shape perfectly.
- Adjustable back straightener that can be adapted to the patient's lordosis.
- Ergonomic hand loop.
- Additional adjustable straps thant can be cut to size.
- Spine: Osteoporosis
- vertebral osteoporotic fractures
- palliative therapy
- avoidance of subsequent damages to spines that can still straighten and when symptoms have already become evident
Wear the Osteo-med akut over clothing (shirt/
blouse, sweater), not next to your skin. You may find
it helpful to stand in front of a mirror when putting
on the orthosis.
The Osteo-med akut is put on using the same principle as a backpack :
- Open the large front fastening.
- Pull on the orthosis as you would a backpack
- Put your left hand in the pocket and close the two halves of the fastening.
Now check in front of the mirror :
- Check the position of the back splint ; it should rest accurately against your spine. The lower edge of the splint should be slightly above the bottom cleft.
- Check that the belt straps are not twisted.
- Now tension the belt straps using both hands. To do this, first pull the belts evenly to the front and then fasten them to the parallel lower belt. You should now notice that your spine feels tangibly but pleasantly straighter.
- Please always wash the orthosis separately and do
- Remove the pad before washing and fasten the velcro systems.
- Clean the pad with a moist cloth.
- “Reshape“ the orthosis after washing and dry immediately.
In 1919 Otto Thämert founded a company specializing in the trade of foundationwear and bodices. With time the search and development of new products led to increasingly better results. The company started production of orthopaedic devices. The close cooperation with doctors and orthopaedic specialists led to numerous inovative products.
In the past 20 yearsThämert had established lasting partnerships in the UK, USA, Sweden, France, Italy, and Spain.
In 2008 Thuasne acquired 100% of Thämert. Today Thuasne embodies the tradition and quality of two well-established companies with rich history.