Flexistim is a multitherapy unit that can be used both in a professional environment and at home to treat a variety of conditions including arthritis, joint pain, sciatica, spondylitis, Rheumatoid arthritis and Osteoarthritis, muscle strains and injuries and provides general pain relief without the need for drugs.
Electrical impulses are sent through self-adhesive electrode pads which are placed on the skin around the area of pain. The impulses work in different ways to combat aches, pains and strains to provide much needed relief when you need it most.
Flexistim multitherapy unit combines 4 different treatment modes to provide versatility and flexibility for users:
1. TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) relieves pain by helping the body to release natural painkillers called endorphins and by blocking pain signals to the brain.
2. EMS (Electrical Muscle Stimulation) is a widely recognised method of treatment for pain relief and muscle rehabilitation, which works by producing intensive muscular contraction in order to react with specific nerves supplying a particular muscle group.
3. IFT (Interferential Therapy) delivers continuous stimulation deep into the tissue providing relief for deep seated pain and can reduce swelling and inflammation which can often be the source of the pain.
4. Micro-Current Stimulation provides a gentler form of muscle stimulation to accelerate the body’s own natural healing process.
- 10 TENS programmes, 27 EMS programmes, 4 IFT Programmes, 4 Microcurrent Programmes and 6 user defined programmes enabling you to experiment and save your favourite settings.
- Portable and lightweight with belt clip included for mobile use.
- Clear, backlit LCD screen for ease of use.
- Removable, rechargeable Li-ion battery for use on-the-go and external mains adaptor for extended use in IFT modes.
- Flexistim automatically starts using the Programme last used and also has a Usage Timer which records the total time it has been used, and the number of uses.
- Automatic Keypad Lock if no button is used for 10 seconds with settings on manually adjustable programmes which can also be locked.
- Leads Fault Detector in TENS and EMS modes, where the output level goes immediately to zero in the event of an open circuit.
- Switching charging adaptor with both UK and EU connections.
The Flexistim kit contains:
- Flexistim Multitherapy Unit
- 1 pack of 4, 50x50mm self-adhesive electrodes (CM5050)
- 1 x removable, rechargeable BL-6F Li-ion battery (B-BL6F)
- 1 x battery charging cradle (X-FLEX-CR)
- Switching charging adaptor with 1 x UK (3 pin) and 1 x European (2 pin) mains adaptor plug (X-FLEXIPA)
- 2 x lead wires (L-ST2)
- 1 x instruction manual
- 1 x storage and transport pouch
- 123mm x 61mm x 22mm (without the clip)
- 160gm with battery
Expected Service Life
The machine will often last for more than 5 years, but is guaranteed for 2 years. Accessories (leads, pads, batteries etc) are not covered by the guarantee.
Lead life depends greatly on use. Always handle the leads with care.
Pads should last 12-20 applications, depending on skin condition and humidity.
BL-6F Rechargeable battery should last around one week (if used for 4 hours a day in modes excluding Interferential), or for around one hour continuous use in the Interferential modes..
WARNING AND CAUTIONS
1. Do not use this device on patients who have a cardiac pacemaker, implanted defibrillator, or other implanted electronic devices, because this may cause electric shock, burns, electrical interference, or death.
2. Do not use this device on patients whose pain syndromes are undiagnosed.
1. Do not apply stimulation over the neck or mouth because this could cause severe muscle spasms resulting in closure of the airway, difficulty in breathing, or adverse effects on heart rhythm or blood pressure.
2. Do not apply stimulation across the chest, because IFT currents penetrate deep into the tissue and the introduction of electrical current into the chest may cause rhythm disturbances to the patient’s heart, which could be lethal.
3. Do not apply stimulation over the pregnant uterus.
4. Do not apply stimulation, other than microcurrent, over open wounds or rashes, or over swollen, red, infected, or inflamed areas or skin eruptions (e.g. phlebitis, thrombophlebitis, varicose veins).
5. Do not apply stimulation over, or in proximity to, cancerous lesions.
6. Do not apply stimulation in the presence of electronic monitoring equipment (e.g. cardiac monitors, ECG alarms), which may not operate properly when the electrical stimulation device is in use.
7. Do not apply stimulation when in the bath or shower.
8. Do not apply stimulation while driving, operating machinery, or during any activity in which electrical stimulation can put the patient at risk of injury.
9. Consult with your physician before using this device, because the device may cause lethal rhythm disturbances to the heart in susceptible individuals.
10. Apply stimulation only to normal, intact, clean, healthy skin.
11. Using the device directly over metallic implants could cause the currents to focus over a small area, causing tissue burns. If you have metal implants, do not place the pads near, or across the implant, and adjust the intensity with care.
1. Since the effects of stimulation of the brain are unknown, stimulation should not be applied across the head and electrodes should not be placed on opposite sides of the head, unless you are in Microcurrent mode.
2. The safety of electrical stimulation during pregnancy has not been established.
3. Some patients may experience skin irritation or hypersensitivity due to the electrical stimulation or electrical conductive medium (gel).
4. Patients with suspected or diagnosed heart disease should follow precautions recommended by their physicians.
5. Patients with suspected or diagnosed epilepsy should follow precautions recommended by their physicians.
6. Use caution when the patient has a tendency to bleed internally, such as following an injury or fracture.
7. Use caution following recent surgical procedures when stimulation may disrupt the patient’s healing process.
8. Use caution if stimulation is applied over areas of skin with less than normal sensitivity.
9. Keep this device out of the reach of children.
• Patients may experience skin irritation and burns beneath the stimulation electrodes applied to the skin.
• Patients may experience headache and other painful sensations during or following the application of electrical stimulation near the eyes and to the head and face.
• Patients should stop using the device and should consult with their physicians if they experience adverse reactions from the device.
1. Do not immerse any part of the unit in water
2. Do not place the unit close to excessive heat.
3. Do not use any electrodes which are less than 50mm X 50mm.
4. Use only the specified battery: 1x 3.7volt rechargeable lithium battery. The use of any other battery could damage the unit.
5. Remove battery if unit is not used for a long period of time.
6. Do not use the unit while asleep.
7. Do not put the lead wire on, or wrapped around the neck.
8. Use this device only with the leads, electrodes and accessories recommended by the manufacturer. Use of other parts materials supplied by the manufacturer can degrade minimum safety and invalidate the warranty.
9. After inserting plugs into both CH1 and CH2 sockets, please do not remove the plugs when the unit is working. Ensure that the unit is switched OFF before removing the plugs.
10. Keep the unit away from sources of high magnetic fields such as TV’S, microwave ovens and hi-fi speakers, as these may affect the LCD screen.
11. Keep the device away from a fireplace or radiant heater, as the heat may affect the device.
12. Keep the device away from nebulizer or steam kettle, as the moisture may affect the device.
13. Keep the device away from sunlight, as long-term exposure to sunlight may affect the rubber causing it to become less elastic and crack.
14. Keep the device away from lint and dust, as long-term exposure to lint or dust may affect the sockets or cause the battery connector to develop a bad contact.
15. Temperature & Relative Humidity of storage: -20°C–+40°C, 8%--70% R.H.
16. Temperature & Relative Humidity of transportation: -20°C–+40°C, 8%--70% R.H.
Bateria 9V (6LR61) lub zasilacz
|Rodzaje stymualcji [eng]:|