Easy product returns
You can return the product without providing a reason within 14 days.
Compact, quiet, and effortless to fit and use, the Zest™ Nasal Mask Range offers superb comfort. The innovative design of the Zest™ Nasal Masks combines the Easy-Clip Silicone Seal and Advanced Air Diffuser with proven technology that makes Fisher & Paykel Healthcare masks perform so well.
Simple to use and seal, the Zest™ Range of Nasal Masks is your complete solution for patient satisfaction.
The Zest™ Petite Nasal Mask is intended to be used by individuals greater than 66 lbs (30 kg) who have been diagnosed by a physician as requiring CPAP or Bi-Level Ventilator treatment. The Zest™ Petite Nasal Mask is intended for Single Patient Use in the home and Multiple Patient Use in the hospital or other clinical setting where proper disinfection of the device can occur between patient uses.
The Zest™ Nasal Mask and Zest™ Plus Nasal Mask are intended to be used by individuals who have been diagnosed by a physician as requiring CPAP or Bi-Level Ventilator treatment. The Zest™ Nasal Mask and Zest™ Plus Nasal Mask are intended for Single Patient Adult Use in the home and Multiple Patient Adult Use in the hospital or other clinical setting where proper disinfection of the device can occur between patient uses.
- The operating pressure range of the mask is 3-25 cmH2O.
- The operating temperature range of the mask is 5-40 ˚C (40-104 ˚F).
- Before using the mask each time: i) Inspect it for damage. If there is any visible deterioration (cracking, tears, etc) do not use and seek replacement part(s). ii) Inspect the vent holes. Do not use if blocked. iii) Make sure the air path through the mask is clear.Note: Failure to follow the operating instructions above may compromise the performance and safety of the mask.Warnings
- This mask should be used only with CPAP or Bi-Level equipment recommended by your physician or respiratory therapist. A mask should not be used unless the CPAP or Bi-Level machine is turned on and operating properly. Explanation of Warning: CPAP and Bi-Level machines are intended to be used with special masks which have exhalation ports to allow continuous flow of air out of the mask. When the CPAP/Bi-Level machine is turned on and functioning properly, new air from the CPAP/Bi-Level machine flushes the exhaled air out through the mask exhalation ports. However, when the CPAP/Bi-Level machine is not operating, enough fresh air will not be provided through the mask, and exhaled air may be re-breathed. Re-breathing of exhaled air for longer than several minutes can in some circumstances lead to suffocation.
- At low CPAP/Bi-Level pressures the flow through the exhalation ports may be inadequate to clear all exhaled gas from the tubing. Some re-breathing may occur.
- Do not block the gas exhaust ports. Before use, always ensure that gas is flowing out the exhaust ports.
- Do not use the mask if vomiting or feeling nauseous.
- Discontinue use if discomfort or irritation occurs, and consult your healthcare provider.
- Discontinue using the mask if there is an allergic reaction to any part of the mask. Consult your physician if this occurs.
- Use with Stroke Patients: One study has shown poor compliance with CPAP therapy in stroke patients. Careful evaluation of the patient’s capabilities for CPAP therapy should be exercised.
- If re-using the Zest™ Nasal Mask between patients, refer to the Multi-Patient Cleaning Instructions for the Zest™ Nasal Mask.CAUTIONS
- Use the mask for its intended use only as directed in this booklet.
- US Federal Law restricts this device to sale by, or on order of, a physician.For additional information contact your local homecare provider.
Features & Benefits:
- The Easy-Clip Silicone Seal allows one-step connection or removal for quick and effortless cleaning. The Variable Thickness Silicone ( VTS) provides an ultra-soft fit for improved sealing and comfort.
- Simple one-step removal of headgear. No ongoing headgear adjustments required.
- The maintenance - free Air Diffuser disperses the air-flow away from the sleeper`s partner and minimizes exhaust flow noise.
Fitting Your Mask
- Remove the plastic cover from the Silicone Seal.
- Holding your mask in one hand, spread the Stretchgear™ Headgear (H) with your free hand, just enough to fit comfortably over your head.
- Lightly hold the mask against your face, covering the nose, then slowly pull the Headgear over your head.
- Attach the Headgear to the Glider™ Strap (E).
- Pull the lower straps as low as possible down the back of your neck. Gently tighten straps to remove slack. Connect to CPAP/Bi-Level machine set at prescribed pressure.
- If necessary, tighten the lower straps to eliminate any leaks (avoid over-tightening the straps).
- When you need to remove your mask, unhook the Stretchgear™ Headgear from the Glider™ Strap.
- Forehead pads should rest gently on the forehead without top straps being pulled too tightly.
- If there are any leaks after gently tightening the top and lower straps, pull the mask slightly out from the face while straps are still attached. This will allow the Silicone Seal to inflate with air. Put the mask back onto the face.
Cleaning Your Mask: To ensure continuing safety and comfort for your Zest™ Nasal Mask:
- Before first use: Hand-wash the Stretchgear™ Headgear (H) in pure soap dissolved in lukewarm water. Do not soak for longer than 10 minutes, then rinse in fresh water and allow to dry out of direct sunlight.
- Before each use: Inspect the mask for deterioration. Do not use if damaged.
- After each use:
- Disassemble the Silicone Seal (C), Foam Cushion (D) and the Headgear (H) from the Mask Base (A).
- Wash the Silicone Seal and Mask Base in pure soap dissolved in lukewarm water. Do not soak for longer than 10 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with fresh water, ensuring that all soap residue is removed.
- Wipe the Foam Cushion with a damp cloth. (Do not immerse the Foam Cushion in water.)
- Leave all parts to dry out of direct sunlight before reassembling.
- Every 7 days: Hand-wash the Stretchgear™ Headgear (H) in pure soap dissolved in lukewarm water. Do not soak for longer than 10 minutes, then rinse in fresh water and allow to dry out of direct sunlight.
- Do not soak the mask for longer than 10 minutes.
- Do not wash the mask in the dishwasher.
- Do not clean the mask with products containing alcohol, anti-bacterial agents, antiseptic, bleach, chlorine or moisturizer.
- Do not store the mask in direct sunlight.The above actions may deteriorate or damage the mask and shorten its life. If your Zest™ Nasal Mask weakens or cracks, discontinue use and seek replacement immediately.