- The orthosis provides adequate control of the thoracic area and shoulder girdle due to its wraparound circumferential design. Its cotton inner layer makes it very comfortable to wear and both bands are joined by an elastic that facilitates fitting.
Two bands composed of a breathable elastic foam fabric allow a perfect fit to the trunk. The orthosis provides adequate control of the thoracic area and shoulder girdle due to its wraparound circumferential design. Its cotton inner layer makes it very comfortable to wear and both bands are joined by an elastic that facilitates fitting. It has 2 posterior crossover straps that, when tightened, help to keep the spine correctly aligned in different postures (standing or sitting).
- Treatment of clavicular fractures, as a gure-of-eight bandage.
- Description of posture. As a method of rest, limiting mobility and preventing gravity-induced capsulo-ligamentous strain by obtaining a functionally correct position.
- It acts as a method of support, shifting the weight of the upper arm to the back, thereby reducing the biomechanical load on the respective joints. Additionally, it acts as a means of positioning the shoulder in a certain position to minimize the action of certain muscle groups which need to be relaxed, and aligning the fractured segments of the injury in the collarbone.
- Shoulder retropulsion.
- Reduction of dorsal kyphotic curvature.
- Posture correction.
- Muscular imbalances.
- Constant stress.
- Kyphotic attitude.
- Slight spinal deviations.
THE PRODUCT SHOULD BE ADJUSTED BY YOUR ORTHOPAEDIC TECHNICIAN OR IN ACCORDANCE WITH DOCTOR’S ORDERS.
In order to obtain a greater degree of therapeutic e ectiveness in the di erent pathologies and to prolong the life and utility of the product, it is fundamental that the correct size adequate for each patient or user is chosen (enclosed in the packet is a diagram with all the sizes and the equivalent in centimetres). An excess compression can produce intolerance, therefore we recommend that the compression be regulated to an optimum degree.
To t observe the following aspects:
1-Take o the Velcro that joins both bands.
2-Insert the arms into each hole, leaving their ends in the back of the trunk.
3-Cross both extremities from the back, a er pull them as much as necessary until obtain the
desired tension, x them with your Velcro in the anterior area of the abdomen.
The constructive material is inflammable.
Do not expose these products to situations where they could ignite. If this were the case remove them quickly and use the necessary measures to put it out. The material used is hypoallergenic, however we cannot guarantee 100% that in some determined cases it will not produce allergies, if this occurs, remove the product and see the doctor that prescribed it.
In case of minor irritations due to sweat, we recommend the use of a cotton sock, to separate the skin from contact with the material. For small inconvenience caused by sweat, we recommend using an interface to separate the skin from contact with the tissue. If rash, irritation or swell- ing to remove the product and consult a doctor or prosthetist. Contraindicated in open scars with swelling, redness and accumulation heat. The product contains natural rubber latex and may elicit allergic responses in individuals who are sensitised to latex.
|Size||Measurement of chest|
|1||75 - 85 cm|
|2||85 - 105 cm|
|3||105 - 130 cm|