medi protect.CAT Walker
- Postoperative: Achilles’ tendon rupture, post ligament reconstruction, treatment of soft tissue injuries and tendon injuries
- Conservative: Achilles’ tendon injuries (2nd and 3rd grade), ligament lesions, tenosynovitis
- Stable foot and joint fractures: metatarsal fracture, talus fracture, malleolar fracture
- After ligament repair
- Air system with medial and lateral air passage around the ankle and up to the forefoot
- Air pump and ventilation valve for easy handling
- Easy adjustment and removal of toe protector
- Flat, rounded sole for natural, stable gait.
How does it work?/Mode of action
- Safe and effective immobilisation
- Four strap system
- Ensures high stability and reduces anterior talar shift
- Available as optional extra: heel wedge sets for Achilles’ tendon rupture
- Open the belts, loosen the front shin from the inner shoe and finally take the inner shoe out of the Walker.
- Open the leg and foot part of the inner shoe by loosening the Velcro fasteners. Ask the patient to place his foot and lower leg into the inner shoe. Make sure that the air chambers are empty!
- Close the inner shoe and make sure that it is firmly fixed to the patient's leg. Align the inner shoe in such a way that the integrated pump is sitting in the middle and so that later it fits into the space provided in the shin. Now ask the patient to place their foot in the half shell of the Walker. The lower leg and foot should positioned so that they fit exactly into the shell.
- Check to see that the foot is properly set and positioned in the Walker.
- Make sure that the patient's toes are not pushing against the toe protector. If necessary, the toe protector's position can be adjusted or it can be removed completely.
- Now place the loose front shin onto the patient's shinbone and foot.
- Make sure that the pump and ventilator fit into the spaces provided. Close the belts to stabilise the system. Start by closing the belt at the front and then close all the other belts one after another. The belts should fit tightly. Extra material can be cut away. Ask the patient to walk around in the orthosis to make sure that the Walker is sitting properly.
- To tighten the Walker's fit, the air cushions can be filled using the pump system. Adding or letting out air can be operated using the valve. The padded pieces can be used as additional padding.
PP, PU, EVA, Polyester
|Size||Shoes size EU|
|S||36 - 40|
|M||40 - 44|
|L||44 - 47|