The ROM Walker is used for early functional mobilisation by means of the adjustable ROM (Range Of Motion) hinge. Anterior and posterior leg mouldings and the circular arrangement of Velcro fasteners ensure a controlled compression. The rocker sole promotes a physiological gait (computer-calculated roll-off radius). The ROM Walker allows an individual adjustment to the state of the swelling as well as a problem-free wound inspection and hygiene. Easy to handle and comfortable to wear.
Areas of application:
- After surgical treatment of ligament, soft tissue and tendon injuries,
- For the postoperative and conservative management of fractures of the fibula,
- Dislocations and fractures of the talocrural joint,
- Conservative management of injuries to the forefoot, mid-foot and tarsus,
- After ligament repair and peroneal tendon dislocationsIn chronic ligament instability,
- Follow-up treatment of talar fractures, calcanear fractures and medial malleolar fractures,
- For early functional treatment of Achilles tendon rupture, in conservative or postoperative management.
First open all the Velcro fasteners and the leg/foot padding. Place your foot in the padding so that the heel stands firmly in the pre-formed heel bed and close the padding. Patients with very slim calves can trim the pad to the right length using scissors if there is a large overlap of the padding.
Place your foot in the rigid shell of the Walker. The two guide supports should lie exactly along the middle of the inside and outside of the calf. Then close both the Velcro fasteners of the foot section and the back heel strap.
Finally fasten the three leg straps from the bottom up. Make sure that the straps lie flat against the pad and are tightly closed at the front. However, be careful not to impair the blood circulation.
For additional stabilisation of the lower leg the enclosed plastic shells can be fixed to the pad. The broader one is intended for the calf area. The padding can be used for additional cushioning (e.g. across the instep, at the heel strap, between the ankle bone and joint).
|Size||Shoes size EU||Shoes size UK|
|S||32 - 38||1 - 5|
|M||37 - 43||4 - 9|
|L||42 - 48||8 - 13|