On special offer Our bestseller
- The Agilium Freestep 2.0 provides targeted relief for the affected compartment for patients with medial or lateral knee osteoarthritis.
The Agilium™ Freestep 2.0 provides targeted relief for the affected compartment for patients with medial or lateral knee osteoarthritis.
- Easy adaptation and high patient compliance due to light weight, comfortable design
- Leaves the knee free
- Dynamic design engages the brace only when the knee is loaded
- Eliminates migration issues
- Easily concealed underneath clothing
- Suitable for pre-operative use
Quantitative measurement using Ottobock L.A.S.A.R. Posture Machine.
- Unicompartmental knee osteoarthritis
Pre-operative: Checking the indication of a valgizing corrective osteotomy in case of varus gonarthrosis (brace test)
Post-operative: After intervention in the cartilage structure and meniscus surgery requiring unilateral relief
The brace reduces or increases the varus moment on the knee joint depend ing on the chosen brace.
In the treatment of medial knee osteoarthritis (brace bar lateral), two mecha nisms cause a reduction in varus moment. Initially the rigid bridging of the ankle joint in the frontal plane reduces eversion in the lower ankle joint. At the same time, forces that can be adjusted at the lateral contact point of the brace are transferred in the area of the lower leg. This effect shifts the ground reaction force laterally. Immediate consequences are the reduction of varus moment and relief for the medial compartment. In the treatment of lateral knee osteoarthritis (brace bar medial), the force transmission point is shifted in the medial direction. This increases the varus moment, relieving the lateral compartment. Strain can be relieved on either the lateral or medial compartment depending on the brace selection.
- Eliminates migration issues
- Measureable load shifting to help relieve pain*
- Reduces forces at the knee by focusing at the foot
- Can easily be concealed under clothing
- Lightweight minimalist design
- Simple application in the shoe
- No weight limitations
*Quantitative measurement using Ottobock L.A.S.A.R. Posture Machine.
- Indicated for medial or lateral unicompartmental Osteoarthritis.
Your previous questions regarding this product
What shoes should I wear with the Agilium Freestep?
We recommend sturdy footwear that extends a maximum of 5 cm above the ankle, ideally with a removable inner sole. Hiking sandals are also suitable. However, shoes with a heel should generally be avoided if you have osteoarthritis.
How will I be able to tell that the brace is helping me?
The brace helps to relieve pain. This can increase your mobility and/or enable you to cover longer distances.
How long do I need to wear the brace each day?
You can wear the brace for the whole day – but particularly when doing things that put stress on your joints and during activities that cause pain.
Why can’t the brace slip?
The brace is worn in your shoe, which guarantees a secure hold. The brace is also fixed to the leg with a skin-friendly strap.
Ask a question
Write your opinion
|S Left||68 mm|
|S Right||68 mm|
|M Left||78 mm|
|M Right||78 mm|
|L Left||88 mm|
|L Right||88 mm|
|XL Left||98 mm|
|XL Right||98 mm|