The vertebrae forming the cervical spine support the head and allow the neck to move. The main conditions affecting this highly sensitive zone of the body are related to injuries or joint degeneration.
- The Adult Philadelphia Stabilizer will fit most averageindividuals from 5' to 6'6" when attached to the
- Philadelphia Collar.
Philadelphia® Stabilizer - Back support orthosis by Ossur
The Philadelphia Stabilizer is used with the Philadelphia Tracheotomy collar to greatly restrict flexion and extension of the cervical spine.
As the patient recovers, the Stabilizer can be removed and the collar can remain to continue to provide the necessary immobilization.
Indications for Use:
- Traumatic or chronic disorders requiring traction along the cervical spine,
- Cervical spine trauma or surgery.
- Restricts cervical spine flexion, extension and rotation to promote patient recovery.
- Latex-free, non-toxic and hypoallergenic Plastazote® foam reduces skin irritation.
- Adjustable bilateral hook and loop fasteners ensure proper fit.
- Anterior and posterior rigid plastic thoracic reinforcement pieces limit movement.
- Two-piece design enhances patient comfort.
- Conformance to the chest and back allows superior stability and comfort.
- Water-resistant for bathing and aqua-therapy.
- Easily customized for individual requirements.No tools required to assemble.
- X-ray, CT and MRI lucent.
- Clean with mild soap and clean water.
- May be used in conjunction with the Philadelphia Hallo and Philadephia Traheothomy Collar attachment.
Ask a question
Write your opinion