OSSUR Philadelphia Halo - Head Support Strap
- A versatile, tool-free device that can be attached to the Philadelphia Tracheotomy Collar to further restrict flexion and extension of the cervical spine
The Philadelphia Halo is a versatile, tool-free device that can be attached to the Philadelphia Tracheotomy Collar to further restrict flexion and extension of the cervical spine. As the patient recovers, the Halo is easily removed, allowing the collar to provide the reduced amount of immobilization required.
Indications for Use:
- Traumatic or chronic disorders requiring traction along the cervical spineCervical spine trauma or surgery
- VelStretch strap allows for flexibility in cases of restricted blood flow.
- Posterior, rigid, plastic reinforcement piece limits movement.
- Conformance to the occipital region allows superior stability and comfort.
- Water-resistant for bathing and aqua-therapy.
- No tools required to assemble,
- X-ray, CT and MRI lucent.
- May be used in conjunction with the Philadelphia Stabilizer attachment
- The Adult Philadelphia Halo will fit most average individuals when attached to the Philadelphia Collar.
- Before removing the Halo and Collar, mark the position of the strap location to ensure re-application maintains the proper fit.
- With the Halo and Collar secured on the patient, loosen the Halo strap on the RIGHT side and then on the LEFT side.
To remove the Collar, unfasten the Velcro strap on the RIGHT side and then the LEFT side. Remove Halo and Collar from the patient.