Easy product returns
You can return the product without providing a reason within 14 days.
You can picture his power. But not his compression sock.
Mediven for men complements every dress code with its fashionable "Business Rib" design and fits like a second skin due to the anatomically shaped toe.
- Chronic venous insufficiency, stage I: with tendency for mild to moderate oedema.
- Inflammatory venous diseases (superficial thrombophlebitis, varicophlebitis) with tendency for mild to moderate oedema.
- Primary and secondary varicosis with tendency for mild oedema.
- Stage II: atrophie blanche, dermatosclerosis with tendency for mild to moderate oedema.
- Stage III: mild venous leg ulcers with tendency for mild oedema
Your doctor must decide on the compression class to wear. Regular medical checks are recommended to ensure proper treatment.
According to the guidelines of the German Phlebology Society the following are considered to be absolute contraindications:
- Advanced peripheral arterial occlusive disease.
- Decompensated heart disease.
- Septic phlebitis.
- Phlegmasia coerulea dolens
- Concomitant dermatoses.
- Intolerance to compression stocking fabric.
- Sensory disturbances of the limb.
- Advanced peripheral neuropathy.
- Primary chronic arthritis.
medi assumes no liability as a result of any contraindicated use of this product.
- Award-winning "Business Rib" design (iF product design award 2011).
- Anatomically shaped foot with right and left markings for a perfect fit.
- Broad, soft comfort cuff.
- Clima fresh for long-lasting fresh feet.
- Easy to put on and take off.
Mediven for men is available in:
- four colours,
- two lengths:
- normal/regular ( 39 - 44 cm)
- short ( 33 - 38 cm)
- compression classes 1 ( CCL1) and 2 (CCL2).
- toe: closed.
Notice: Medical compression stockings are medical aids prescribed as required by the doctor and ordered through the specialist after accurate measurement of the legs.
Explanation of compression classes:
CCL 1 :
Compression in mmHG 18,0 - 21,0
Compression in kPa 2.40 - 2.80
Compression in mmHG 23,0 - 32,0
Compression in kPa 3.10 - 4.30
It is a fact that, in Germany, six times as many people die from pulmonary embolism than from road traffic accidents. 30,000 people a year are affected. Pulmonary embolism is the most feared complication of venous disease and is associated with deep vein thrombosis. In spite of the latest operating methods and carefully thought-out forms of treatment, venous disease cannot be cured. However, its progress can be considerably slowed down – e.g. by the regular wearing of medical compression stockings. Since vein disease passes through various stages and is progressive, the earlier the treatment is started the better.
Successful provision of medical compression stockings for venous disorders depends on a number of important individual factors:
The first requirement is that the patient recognises the symptoms and goes to see the doctor. The doctor diagnoses the problem and decides on the correct treatment. If the doctor prescribes medical compression stockings, the patient takes the prescription to the specialist retail outlet, where the legs are measured. Advice is given on the appropriate aids so that the patient can make an informed decision on which product to select. However, this is not the end of the story – resupply is just as important.
Patients can go to their doctor every six months to discuss their vein problems and a decision will be taken on the need for further supply. The health insurance provider will then bear the majority of the cost.There are circumstances, known as contraindications, in which compression stockings should not be worn, for example, in the event of arterial disease (high blood pressure, intermittent claudication). Only the doctor can decide on whether a medical compression stocking can and should be worn.
medi. Made in Germany.
|1 - non returnable||28 - 34 cm||18 -20 cm||17 - 22 cm|
|2||30 - 37 cm||20 - 22 cm||19 - 24 cm|
|3||33 - 40 cm||22 - 24 cm||21 - 26 cm|
|4||35 - 43 cm||24 - 26 cm||23 - 29 cm|
|5||37 - 46 cm||26 - 28 cm||25 - 32 cm|
|6||39 - 49 cm||28 - 30 cm||27 - 34 cm|
|7 - non returnable||41 - 51 cm||30 - 32 cm||28 - 35 cm|
All measurement should be taken on the bare leg in cm.
Ensure that the tape measure is snug but not too tight.
Measurements should be taken when the leg is rested and not swollen.
Please consider that selecting the right size is very important.