TensCare Sure Pro Continence Stimulator
- The Sure Pro has 11 preset and 3 custom programmes. In addition to the standard settings,
- it has a special programme for transcutaneous stimulation of the Tibial Nerve for Urge incontinence.
Sure Pro is a flexible unit offering a wide range of therapies, yet has simple controls and clear displays.
- Comfortable Strength Control - SurePro uses an innovative pseudo-constant current control with 1mA intensity steps that gives uniquely comfortable and predictable, stimulation and has built-in output limitation for safety.
- Clinically Proven Waveform - Sure Pro uses a proprietary waveform with in-vitro characteristics specially designed for use in the mucus membranes. Clinical trials have proven its effectiveness. *See Reference.
- Wide range of preset programmes - Sure Pro offers flexible treatment for a range of conditions, with display and controls that are clear and simple for both professional and patient.Programmes include a stepped pelvic floor workout, dedicated pain relief setting, and 3 customisable programmes so users can set their own parameters.
- Tibial Nerve Stimulation Programme - Sure Pro has a dedicated programme for stimulation of the Tibial nerve using surface electrodes for relief of Detrusor Instability.
- Dual Channel.
- Li-Ion mobile phone style battery - Lightweight and compact, supplied complete with external charger.
- Unique locking lead connection and built-in cable tidy.
- Memory - Sufficient memory for a 30 day exercise programme comprising of 3 uses a day. The memory records usage time and average intensity used. For training, this enables you to keep an exercise diary, for rehabilitation and pain relief it offers an objective treatment record.
The Sure Pro is indicated for acute and ongoing treatment of stress, urge or mixed urinary incontinence and where the following results may improve urinary control:
- Improvement of urethral sphincter closure.
- Strengthening of pelvic floor muscles.
- Inhibition of the detruser (bladder) muscle through reflexive mechanisms Sure Pro is also indicated for the specialised management of Faecal incontinence.
GMDNS Definition :
Stimulator, electrical, neuromuscular, incontinence
A non-implantable neuromuscular electrical stimulator designed to treat urinary and/or faecal incontinence that consists of a pair of electrodes on a plug or pessary that are connected to a battery powered pulse source. The plug or pessary is inserted into the rectum or into the vagina and used to stimulate the muscles of the pelvic floor.
The “Sure Pro” sends a strong, but comfortable, stimulation through a vaginal probe or pads to your pelvic floor muscles using clinically recognised programmes. This stimulation works the pelvic floor muscles for you, building their strength, and helps you to recognize the sensation of the correct muscle movements and develop your own muscle control (Proprioception). It perfectly complements pelvic floor exercises.
For urge incontinence, the aim is to soothe the oversensitive muscles in the bladder which are causing involuntary bladder contractions. Sure Pro uses a gentler, low frequency setting, which promotes release of Endorphins – your body’s own natural pain killer. In some instances where a probe is not appropriate - particularly with Urge Incontinence - it is possible to treat incontinence by using electrode pads placed on the body, either across the base of the spine S2-S3, or on the ankle using the Transcutaneous Tibial Nerve Stimulation programme.
When treating mixed incontinence, a stimulation appropriate for both urge incontinence and stress incontinence is used. The Sure Pro offers a choice of several programmes with combined stimulation.
For faecal incontinence, the aim is to improve bowel control by strengthening and toning pelvic floor and anal sphincter muscles.
- Sure Pro unit with belt clip
- Liberty vaginal probe
- CM5050 pack of 4 self adhesive electrodes
- 2 x L-ST2 Connecting Lead wire
- B-BL6F Li-ion battery type BL-6F
- Charging cradle
- Power adaptor
- Instruction booklet
- Storage pouch