Easy product returns
You can return the product without providing a reason within 14 days.
New development in supine measuring: mobile mBCA for medical body composition analysis.
The vital functions of immobile patients in particular have to be monitored at all times. The seca mBCA 525 was developed for just this application. Lightweight and compact, the device is equipped with its own WiFi for immediate entry in available networks. The sophisticated technology delivers reliable and reproducible medical data and stores the results internally. The seca mBCA 525 is ideal for mobile use by nutritionists treating bedridden patients or for use in intensive care in hospital.
The seca 525 medical Body Composition Analyzer is mainly used in hospitals, medical practices and inpatient care facilities in accordance with national regulations. The medical Body Composition Analyzer seca 525 records weight, height and bioelectric impedance measurements and automatically calculates parameters such as fat-free mass (FFM) which can be derived from them. The results are displayed in graphical form and assist the attending physician with the following medical issues:
• determining energy expenditure and energy reserves as a basis for nutritional advice
• assessing metabolic activity and the success of a training program, e.g. within the framework of rehabilitation or physiotherapy
• determining a patient's fluids status
The seca 525 is not a diagnostic device. To make an accurate diagnosis, the physician needs to commission specific examinations and take their results into account in addition to the results of the seca 525.
The device is not intended for use on children.
For North America: the device is intended for use on healthy individuals from 18 years of age upwards.
The device consists of a monitor and a measuring mat.
The monitor is for administering patient and user data and for preparing and evaluating bioimpedance measurements. The device is equipped with a touchscreen display. The monitor has a storage compartment with a magnetic catch for storing the measuring mat.
The measuring mat is placed on the patient's legs for a bioimpedance measurement.
Measured results are transmitted to the monitor unit by WiFi. The electrode cables of the measuring mat are equipped with connections for push-button electrodes.
The monitor is powered by a connection to the electricity supply. The monitor has a lithium-ion rechargeable battery to provide a mobile power supply. The measuring mat is powered by a lithium-ion rechargeable battery. The rechargeable battery is charged by an inductive charging interface in the storage compartment of the monitor.
The bioimpedance measurement is carried out with the patient lying down, using the 8-point method. The 4-point method (measuring the right half of the body) is likewise possible. The low alternating current is provided and impedance is measured by the electrode cables of the measuring mat. The electrode cables are connected to two pairs of electrodes for each half of the body. The electrodes are affixed to the patient's hands and feet.
- Measurement of fat, water, muscle and other body parameters in a supine position.
- Perfect for mobile use at only 3 kg with long-lasting rechargeable battery.
- WiFi connection between measuring mat and monitor guarantees reliable data transmission.
- Easy-to-understand graphic presentation of measurement results on the touchscreen monitor.
- Internal storage for results of approximately 100,000 measurements.
- Medically precise, validated against reference methods of the gold standard.
Functions and Properties:
- seca 360° wireless
- Multi-frequent measurement
- Segmental measurement
- 8 point measurement
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 252 x 262 x 230 mm
- Net Weight: 0.5 sts / 3.0 kg
- Power Supply: Power adapter, rechargeable batteries
- Method of measurement: 8-point Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis
- Measuring frequency 1; 2; 5; 10; 20; 50; 100; 200; 500 kHz
- Measurement segments right arm, left arm, right leg, left leg, right half of body, left half of body, torso
- Measuring electricity 100 μΑ
- Measuring period max. 30 seconds
- Display 7" Touchscreen-Display