Otto Bock WalkOn Reaction Drop-Foot Brace - Carbon Fiber
- The WalkOn Reaction facilitates dorsiflexion and the use of ground reaction forces to influence the knee and ankle joint.
- Dorsal flexor weakness, without or with mild spasticity (e.g. after stroke, traumatic brain injury, in multiple sclerosis, neuromuscular atrophy, or peroneal paralysis).
- Minor impairment of the foot lowering musculature.
- Foot deformities that can be corrected with insoles and a lateral support.
- Minor impairment of knee extension.
The WalkOn Reaction is suitable for indoor and outdoor use by users with a high level of activity, who need support for knee extension or flexion in the mid-stance phase and during toe-off or heel strike.
The frontal support element effectively supports the knee joint with the help of ground reaction forces. This makes a largely physiological gait possible with support of knee extension and flexion.
In the swing phase, the foot remains in the neutral position which permits a natural swing-through for the patient without executing compensating movements (ground clearance).
At heel strike, the orthosis allows the foot to be set down in a controlled and harmonious manner without a sudden, loud impact. The energy that is released is used to support the mid-stance phase. Prior to toe-off, stored energy is also released to support forward movement into the swing phase.
In conjunction with the 28Z10 lateral pronation strap, it is possible to reduce varus deviation of the foot and ankle and supination of the forefoot. This should always be supported by a corrective insole.
- Highly dynamic properties through the use of ground reaction forces
- Enables a largely physiological gait
- Proven high durability
- High level of wearer comfort due to low weight and open heel
- Good hygiene properties thanks to the use of climate-regulating padding material
- Optional use of a lateral pronation strap.