Does drop foot impede on your work and daily functioning? A well-chosen lower leg brace can help - read on to learn more about this condition and what you can do to better manage it.
Walk On Flex Otto Bock AFO Drop Foot Ankle Brace Orthosis
- The Walk On product line is solely designed for active users, e.g. walking persons with permanent drop foot conditions.
WalkOn Flex fits active patients: walking indoors as well as outdoors. The users should have no or only mild impairment of motor knee control and a stable ankle.
- easy to fit thanks to the trimable solehigh durability,
- squat and walking in stairs taking the weight on the forefoot is allowed,
- high wearer comfort due to its low weight ( 209grams/0,461 pounds)
- open heel makes it comfortable,
- soft calf band.
- provides a more physiological gait; symmetrical and fluent with a natural heel stroke and a smooth roll-over in the heel and forefoot zone.
- Together with a stable shoe, WalkOn Flex limits plantar flexion and supination.
- Supports foot lift ( clearance).
- Prevent foot slap.
- During heel strike, the walk On Flex encourages outward rotation of the foot.
The size selection of the orthosis is based on the shoe size. Left and right. S–XL.
Indications and effects:
- Mild to moderate drop foot (weakness of dorsiflexion) with no or only mild spasticity, e.g. after peroneal palsy or stroke.
- The orthosis is designed to help people with above described problems to achieve a more natural gait pattern.
The Walk On® Flex lifts the foot during swing phase and limits plantar flexion.
NOTICE : The Walk On® Flex is a dynamic ankle foot orthosis and must not be used for prevention of contractures etc. Indication must be determined by the physician.
For adjustments, the sole can be cut with a pair of scissors.
The product has been designed for use on only one patient. The daily duration of use and period of application are dependent on the medical indication.
Material: Glass fiber composite, PCM®, Velcro®
Cleaning: Soft calf band: Machine wash, 40° with a standard mild detergent. Wash out thoroughly and air-dry. Note: Residues of cleaning agents may cause skin irritations and wear of material.Upper limit temperature: 120° C.
|Size||Shoe size EU||Overall height in cm|
|S left - non returnable|
|S right - non returnable|
|M left - non returnable|
|M right - non returnable|
|L left - non returnable|
|L right - non returnable|