- Indication of mild impairment of the plantar flexor musculature, mild impairment of knee extension or drop foot with or without mild to moderate spasticity.
WalkOn Reaction Lateral Ottobock AFO brace is available in Junior size ( UE shoe size 27 - 36) and Adults sizes ( UE shoes size 36-48).
The WalkOns are a comprehensive range of dynamic ankle-foot orthoses (AFOs) made of carbon or fibreglass with a dynamic energy return. Children and adolescents as well as adults with various degrees of drop foot can use them.
In addition to the classic design with a posterior support element at the calf, there is an even more flexible variant with a coil spring design and the WalkOn Reaction with an anterior support element that provides additional stability for the knee. With the classic WalkOn design and with the knee-stabilising WalkOn Reaction, you can also select either a medial or a lateral bar. The orthosis can thus be used for customised treatment, depending on the indication, anatomical situation and personal preferences. The available junior versions can also be combined with other dynamic foot/ankle-foot orthoses (DAFOs) if the biomechanical requirements can be met more effectively as a result.
All models feature a slim, lightweight design that has also been optimised for durability.
- mild impairment of the plantar flexor musculature,
- mild impairment of knee extension or drop foot with or without mild to moderate spasticity, e.g. caused by:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Multiple sclerosis
- Neuromuscular atrophy
- Peroneal paralysis
- Infantile cerebral palsy /ICP
- Effectively supports a physiological gait, even at different speeds and with different loads
- Supports dorsiflexion (ground clearance)
- Stabilises the knee and ankle joints using ground reaction forces
- Energy return supports toe-off and heel strike
- Fewer compensating movements
- Noticeably longer support element makes it pos- sible to exert greater influence on deviations of the frontal axis in the knee and ankle joints
- High energy return of the orthosis
- Reduces the risk of stumbling and falling
- Prevents uncontrolled foot contact and foot drop
- Highly dynamic characteristics
|Size||UE shoes size||Height|
|L=24-27||24-27 left||8" (20.5 cm)|
|L=27-30||27-30 left||9.6" (24.5 cm)|
|L=30-33||30-33 left||10.6" (27 cm)|
|L=33-36||33-36 left||11.5" (29.4 cm)|
|R=24-27||24-27 right||8" (20.5 cm)|
|R=27-30||27-30 right||9.6" (24.5 cm)|
|R=30-33||30-33 right||10.6" (27 cm)|
|R=33-36||33-36 right||11.5" (29.4 cm)|