- The Omo Neurexa is a great help in the rehabilitation process as it does not increase spasticity or limit movement because of its unique design. In addition to this the unit can be worn even when there is need for therapeutic applications.
Omo Neurexa is a comfortable shoulder orthosis which corrects and stabilises the paretic shoulder thereby easing rehabilitation.Omo Neurexa is recommended for use at an early stage in rehabilitation, along with functional and specific muscle training as well as correct use of the arm. However, Omo Neurexa is also extremely effective when used later on in the rehabilitation process.Omo Neurexa needs to be fitted by a therapist/CPO. The patient will require assistance for correct application. Relatives or caregivers should receive detailed instructions regarding proper use.
- Shoulder pain/ subluxation following a stroke,
- Shoulder pain/ subluxation following injuries to the Plexus brachialis
- Supports and centres the shoulder joint, corrects subluxation and internal rotation, permits free use of the arm
- Impedes pathological movement patterns
- Improves body posture and gait pattern
- Facilitate active rehabilitation, e.g., the user can concentrate on walking instead of worrying about the affected arm
- Pain relieving
Features & Benefits:
- The large surface coverage influences the proprioceptors which has a positive effect on the sensorimotor system
- No requirement to take off during movement training on the shoulder and arm• Silicon band on inside prevent gliding which secure the function of the orthosis
- Different colours on press buttons simplifies application
- PCM (Phase Change Material), a temperature regulating material that prevents heat build up, allowing for long term use
- High user compliance due to the soft and comfortable material
- Soft edges means no chafe problems
- Optional muscle stimulation pad in silicon
- Machine wash at 40°C (104°F) is recommended.
Made in Germany.
Others products from Neurexa series:
Omo Neurexa was developed and tested by Ottobock in collaboration with Prof. Dr. med. Stefan Hesse, Berlin. The product was specifically engineered for patients suffering from shoulder pain and dysfunction (including subluxation) due to neurological conditions such as:
- Shoulder pain due to paralysis of musculature in the shoulder area
- Plexus brachialis injuries
- Peripheral nerve damage in the area of the cervical spine and shoulder.
Shoulder pain and dysfunction frequently occurs among patients suffering from hemiplegia. In case of flaccid paralysis, the humeral head is often poorly positioned (subluxation); this can result in pain, reflexive muscle dysfunction, and secondary joint damage.
|XS Left||79cm – 86cm / 31.1" – 33.9"|
|XS Right||79cm – 86cm / 31.1" – 33.9"|
|S Left||87cm – 94cm / 34.3" – 37.0"|
|S Right||87cm – 94cm / 34.3" – 37.0"|
|M Left||96cm - 102cm / 37.4" – 40.2"|
|M Right||96cm - 102cm / 37.4" – 40.2|
|L Left||103cm – 110cm / 40.6" – 43.3"|
|L Right||103cm – 110cm / 40.6" – 43.3"|
|XL Left||111cm – 118cm / 43.7" – 46.5"|
|XL Right||111cm – 118cm / 43.7" – 46.5"|