- Shoulder injuries resulting from cerebrovascular accidents (ictus) require a method to stabilise the
- shoulder joint, support the upper limb and allow the elbow joint to move.
An orthosis made from breathable foam with velour exterior and inner honeycomb fabric lining, with Velcro strap and push button buckle closure systems. The support is reinforced by a 0.5 mm-thick thermoplastic core to increase its support capacity, prevent malformation and enable a personalised fit. Forearm strap with Velcro closure system and loops for the adjustment straps with inner pimpled silicone to prevent movement. Designed to facilitate free arm movement and to enable the patient to fit the support with one hand.
- Stabilisation of the shoulder joint.
- Shoulder subluxation and internal rotation control.
- As a method to reduce capsular ligament tension in paralysed or unstable shoulders.
- Prevention of pain and subluxation.
- Neurological injuries to the upper limb.
- Brachial plexus injury with shoulder and arm paralysis.
- Hemiplegia caused by a stroke.
- Peripheral nerve and brain trauma injuries.
- Painful and unstable shoulder.
|Size||Circumference of forearm|
|S||22,5 cm - 28 cm|
|M||28 cm - 34 cm|
|L||34 cm - 40 cm|