thumb brace immobiliser the basal and saddle thumb joint Rhizomed medi
- Orthopaedic support for the thumba saddle joint.
The Rhizomed® thumb brace serves to immobilise the basal and saddle thumb joint. The light aluminium design allows the brace to be moulded individually to the hand. Thanks to the open design, no pressure is exerted on the operative stitches. Furthermore, the thumb brace is very easy to handle. Rhizomed® also ensures mobility in line with therapeutic goals by enabling the fingers to move freely.
Rhizomed can be used for all indications, in which an immobilisation of the basal- and saddle thumb joint is necessary, such as:
- Rupture of the ulnar lateral ligament
- Irritations of the basal thumb joint and thumb saddle joint (nonsurgical, posttraumatic, postoperative, e.g.gamekeeper´s thumb)
Immobilisation at the basal and the saddle thumb joint by the Rhizomed® thumb brace can prevent movement-related pain.
The Rhizomed thumb support provides stabilisation of the thumb saddle joint and basic thumb joint.
- CMC joint collateral ligament injuries (ski thumb)
- MCP and CMC joint irritations (e.g. rhizarthritis)
- Thumb joint capsule and/or collateral ligament injuries
- Post-operative thumb immobilisation
- Individually adjustable with aluminium construction,
- Easy to open construction prevents sweating,
- Simple to fit with slip on system and belt retaining loops.
Made in Germany.
|Lenght in cm
|8 - 10
|8 - 10
|10 - 12
|10 - 12
Measurement: From the middle of the wrist to the end joint of the thumb ( measured at the inner side of the hand).