- Mediven active is a comfortable and hard wearing sock for active men that is barely recognisable as a compression sock due to its fine ribbed look and many practical features -
mediven active is a comfortable and hard wearing sock for active men that is barely recognisable as a compression sock due to its fine ribbed look and many practical features:
- Extra wide, soft cuff for additional comfort.
- Descrete seam at the toe that you can't feel.
- Reinforced, hard wearing comfort sole.
- Strong heel and robust material.
- Looks just like a standard sock due to the fine ribbed look.
- Easy to put on and take off.
- Available in colours: Brown, Grey, Navy, Black, White.
- Available in seven sizes, two lengths, compression classes 1 and 2.
- Winner of the iF product design award 2013
standard length: 43 - 49 cm
petite length: 37 - 42 cm
- Chronic venous insufficiency, stage I: with tendency for mild to moderate oedema.
- Inflammatory venous diseases (superficial thrombophlebitis, varicophlebitis) with tendency for mild to moderate oedema.
- Primary and secondary varicosis with tendency for mild oedema.
- Stage II: atrophie blanche, dermatosclerosis with tendency for mild to moderate oedema.
- Stage III: mild venous leg ulcers with tendency for mild oedema
Your doctor must decide on the compression class to wear. Regular medical checks are recommended to ensure proper treatment.
According to the guidelines of the German Phlebology Society the following are considered to be absolute contraindications:
- Advanced peripheral arterial occlusive disease,
- Decompensated heart disease,
- Septic phlebitis,
- Phlegmasia coerulea dolens.
- Concomitant dermatoses.
- Intolerance to compression stocking fabric.
- Sensory disturbances of the limb.
- Advanced peripheral neuropathy.
- Primary chronic arthritis
medi assumes no liability as a result of any contraindicated use of this product.
Explanation of compression classes:
Compression in mmHG 18,0 - 21,0
Compression in kPa 2.40 - 2.80
Compression in mmHG 23,0 - 32,0
Compression in kPa 3.10 - 4.30
Notice: Medical compression stockings are medical aids prescribed as required by the doctor and ordered through the specialist after accurate measurement of the legs.
medi. Made in Germany.
|2||30 - 37 cm||20 - 22 cm||19 - 24 cm|
|3||33 - 40 cm||22 - 24 cm||21 - 26 cm|
|4||35 - 43 cm||24 - 26 cm||23 - 29 cm|
|5||37 - 46 cm||26 - 28 cm||25 - 32 cm|
|6||39 - 49 cm||28 - 30 cm||27 - 34 cm|
All measurement should be taken on the bare leg in cm.
Ensure that the tape measure is snug but not too tight.
Measurements should be taken when the leg is rested and not swollen.
Please consider that selecting the right size is very important.