- The one-piece knee splint is 55 cm long and has 2 separate splint pockets with Velcro xing. In each of them is one pliable aluminium rail. The special design of this product enables the model being done in one circumference size only.
Immobilisation is a basic principle for the treatment of injuries and over- stress, as the curing process will be signi cantly accelerated.
The one-piece knee splint is 55 cm long and has 2 separate splint pockets with Velcro xing. In each of them is one pliable aluminium rail. The special design of this product enables the model being done in one circumference size only.
Instructions for use:
The adjustable BORT Immobilisation Splint is delivered set at “0 degrees”, in other words the leg is immobilised with this setting when stretched.
To set the adjustable BORT Immobilisation Splint, respectively one pair of aluminium splints is provided for the knee bend area and the sides (medially and laterally) with a bend of 15°.
1. Changing of the knee joint bending angle to “15 degrees”:
- Remove the aluminium splints in the knee bend area (posterior) from the splint bags simultaneously.
Then also fully insert the two included aluminium splints (15° axion) into the splint bags located in the knee bend area (posterior) simultaneously.
Following this, remove both freely positionable side parts (0 degrees) by releasing the Vecro fastener.
Then attach the two aluminium splints bent to 15° in the spine pocket respectively from both sides (medially and laterally) externally to the base textile of the BORT Immobilisation Splint.
2. Putting the BORT Immobilisation Splint on:
- Place the splints around the leg from behind so that the patella is enclosed by the hollow. The side parts should overlap by about 2 cm.
- Thread Velcro fasteners through plastic eyelets, guide them back and attach them with Velcro.
- Put the splint on in such a manner which, despite immobilizing the knee joint, causes no congestions in the calf and foot area.
Pre-operative, post-operative, post-traumatic, joint, muscle or ligament injuries
Contraindications: Peripheral arterial occlusive disease (PAOD), lym- phatic drainage disorders and indistinct soft tissue swellings remote from the applied aid, sensory loss and blood ow disorders in the a ected body part, skin disorders in the treated part of the body.
35 % polyamide, 35 % cotton, 30 % PUR foam
No reutilisation – this medical device is meant for the care of one patient only.
Wear splint only when under strain, not during rest or sleep. Avoid hin- dering blood circulation. In case of numbness loosen splint and remove it if necessary. If complaints continue, please contact the doctor.