medi M.4s OA knee brace
medi M.4s OA - 100% aluminium frame
- conservative treatment of complex ligament instability, particularly in combination with unilateral osteoarthritis,
- post-operative pressure relief and compartmental protection after fractures of the tibial head, cartilage surgery, meniscus refixation, correction osteotomy,
- instability of the cruciate ligaments with pressure relief of the medial or lateral compartment,
- for functional pre - or post-operative care of knee instabilities.
How does it work?
- Protection, pain reduction and restoration of mobility by means of:
- relief of the medial or lateral joint compartment by means of a 3-point system that supports the joint to correct valgus or varus alignment.
- Knee stabilisation by means of the 4-point principle, to counteract knee instability, which often causes osteoarthritis of the knee.
- Protection against hyperextension and limitation of movement by means of adjustable physioglide hinges.
- Accurate and effective exertion of pressure near the joint to correct valgus or varus alignment.
- Flexible frame design to avoid torsional forces.
- Mouldable thigh and lower leg frame to adjust to individual leg contours.
- Polycentric physiological hinges using the principle of 4-chain linkage.
- Possibility of limitation of extension at 0°, 10°, 20°, 30°, 45°,
- Possibility of limitation of flexion at 0°, 10°, 20°, 30°, 45°, 60°,75°, 90°, 120°,
- Possibility of immobilisation at 0°, 10°, 20°, 30°, 45°,
- Ultra-flat, very light non-contact frame and hinge construction.
- Well designed and easy to use strap guide.
- Broad, well padded contact surfaces for the 3-point relief system.
- Numbered straps, which make the fitting of the orthosis simple and accurate.
- Air-filled condyle pads to prevent migratition.
- Excellent wearing comfort due to soft-grip padding material.
Made in Germany
|Size||Thing circumference in cm|
|XS Left||31 - 37|
|XS Right||31 - 37|
|S Left||37 - 45|
|S Right||37 - 45|
|M Left||45 - 51|
|M Right||45 - 51|
|L Left||51 - 57|
|L Right||51 - 57|
|XL Left||57 - 65|
|XL Right||57 - 65|
|XXL Left||65 - 74|
|XXL Right||65 - 74|
Measurement: circumference of thigh 15 cm above the centre of the patella ( measured at the medial side of the thigh).
Globally, osteoarthritis is the most common joint desease among adults and the number of people concerned is forecast to rise.
There are over 100 types of arthritis - osteoarthritis, post-traumatic, rheumatoid, etc. The most common form is osteoarthritis, also known as OA or degenerative joint disease.